What's new

A romantic walk on the beach.

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
I noticed that too....how did you do that, making the up-close footprints in focus AND the people in focus??? An uber-wide angle lens?
It's technically at wide angle, because it is 18mm, but thats not wide at all. I got the deep dof by putting the iso at 1600 and cranking the f-stop up to 29 I think.
The color version looks horrible, because it was shot at 1600.
 
great shot, i love your DOF, good job getting it all in focus! welcome to tpf, can't wait to see more! :thumbup:
 
MatthewKern said:
It's technically at wide angle, because it is 18mm, but thats not wide at all. I got the deep dof by putting the iso at 1600 and cranking the f-stop up to 29 I think.
The color version looks horrible, because it was shot at 1600.

ISO 1600! *dies* Wow.
When you're shooting into the sun, I guess f29 isn't all that crazy...was this digital? I ask because I'm in the midst of looking around at sample photos and seeing how different wide-angle lenses look when put on digital bodies with that can-be-annoying 1.6x factor.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom