A smile only a mother could love. C&C PLS

adman_glazer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is from a reptile exhibit they have here for this week. It took place in an old Reitmans store and the lighting was horrible. It was very very yellow and it took some time and patience to clean the color up.

1. An American Aligator. With the lens I have and the lightning I was about 12 to 18 inches from her face taking this pic.
Aligator.jpg

2. Green Iguana.
Iguana.jpg

3. Great Horned Owl that I had to shoot through the same mesh as you can see in the background.
GreatHornedOwl.jpg

4. A Tarantula that the kids were enjoying getting to hold.
Tarantula.jpg

5. A friendly Turkey Vulcher
TurkeyVulcher.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I played with this Tarantula pic and I think this works well. What does everyone else think?

Before:
Tarantulaoriginal.jpg

After:
Tarantula2.jpg

Why is that alligator about an inch away from that person's crotch?

The handler was holding her so that the kids could touch her back. She was extremely relaxed even when 40 plus kids mobbed in to touch her.

Nothing? They're perfect? Come on guys and gals, we can't get any better unless we help each other by offering some opinions.

I'm by no means a great photographer, and have much to learn myself, but they feel like snapshots to me. They don't really jump out. I think the best one is the black and white you did with the light almost copper tone. I like the composition of the hands. Seeing the whole body of the animals would be good. Also, concidering there were children, you could have gotten some facial expressions when they went in to feel the animals; might have made for an interesting shot. Thumbs up on the second spider shot though it works really well.

I'm by no means a great photographer, and have much to learn myself, but they feel like snapshots to me. They don't really jump out. I think the best one is the black and white you did with the light almost copper tone. I like the composition of the hands. Seeing the whole body of the animals would be good. Also, concidering there were children, you could have gotten some facial expressions when they went in to feel the animals; might have made for an interesting shot. Thumbs up on the second spider shot though it works really well.

Thank you. There were so many kids that everytime I tried to get an expression shot it was overshadowed by all the kids. They became so busy that everything seemed lost in it. The other real problems were the lighting and trying to get a clean shot of anything because so many people moving in and out of the frame. I actually had my camera knocked out of my hands (thankfully I had the neck strap on) by a 400 pound man pushing his way over me and 2 children to see the Iguana. After I questioned his moral and his mother hood and advised him of his luck that we were surrounded by children he moved back out of the way. He actually knocked over 2 children in his haste to see this Iguana. He told me to mind my business and told me where to stick it so I offered him some free dental work and it was amazing how fast he left. They weren't my children but the two mothers thanked me for sticking up for them.

Most reactions

Back