A Snake From Hell

Johnny Dee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Snake bit me when I went in for a close up. Luckily hes not poisonous. He looks like he crawled out from the underworld.
2501454194_cf774252db_b.jpg

He looks fierce, since the scales around his mouth look like bared teeth. And his narrowed eyes only enhance the effect. What kind of snake is this one?

While you were lucky he's not poisonous, snake bites are not good, anyway, since they rarely go brush their teeth, therefore can introduce a good many germs into the bite wound...

Little? Did you see the top left... it promises to be big.

The colors of that snake are nice. And, I would not want to make acquaintance with its fangs. Yikes.

Yep your right hes an Amazon Tree Boa. I think when stretched out he was about five feet long.

nice capture.

was this thing out in the wild?

No, not out in the wild there was this bug and reptile guy in Santa Barbara displaying his animals in a park.

I found a baby snake, so I picked it up and took a photo of it with my camera phone. I thought it was a little garden snake. It turns out it was a baby Copperhead (venomous).

Moral of the story is, don't go in for the close up unless you know your subject isn't venomous...

<---Bonehead

exactly. If you aren't familiar with snakes then don't touch it. I happen to have a ball python and a corn snake, which I am in the process of selling because the apartment complex I live in wont allow them... :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back