A snapshot for Kundalini

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It started as a lark on another forum that I posted a snapshot of my supper (I do most of the cooking) & due to popular demand it became an institution. Many find it an inspiration to break away from "the same old thing". We now have two other brave folk posting supper pics in the same thread most nights. So, here is supper tonight but taken with the Canon as my wife is away for three weeks with the Nikon. ;)

29-02.jpg

Wow, that's an interesting looking dish Ron. I'm pretty much on top with you on the spud; butter, a dash of salt and (more) black pepper. Now the green dish looks like possibly spinach with cottage or ricotti cheese and (I hope) some hot sauce. The fried bits are confusing me. On first glance it could easily be Chicken Kiev. But thinking that Toronto may have a very good selection of seafood, it could either be crab or fish. But I'm still betting on the chicken.

And black pepper goes with everything....

Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if condolences or congradulations are to be extended for the missus to be gone for three weeks with the Nikon. Personally, I'd be horrified. :lol:

Wow, that's an interesting looking dish Ron. I'm pretty much on top with you on the spud; butter, a dash of salt and (more) black pepper. Now the green dish looks like possibly spinach with cottage or ricotti cheese and (I hope) some hot sauce. The fried bits are confusing me. On first glance it could easily be Chicken Kiev. But thinking that Toronto may have a very good selection of seafood, it could either be crab or fish. But I'm still betting on the chicken.

And black pepper goes with everything....

Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if condolences or congradulations are to be extended for the missus to be gone for three weeks with the Nikon. Personally, I'd be horrified. :lol:

The spud is a given. Fresh from my garden lettuce overlaid with cottage cheese & French dressing. You were close. Again, you were correct about chicken. Chicken thighs sprinkled with a blend of ground hot spices & then tossed in seasoned bread crumbs & baked.

What a fun game, if I had know I would have snapped our manwich sanwich on hot dog buns with a side of frozen curly fries, cut up tomatoes and canned spinach that we had tonight. Tomorrow is grocery day :lol: thank goodness.
Are those oven baked or fried chicken thighs? The cottage cheese and greens are very festive looking but the red stuff makes me think I would rather eat that last dragon fly :p

Okay, but I have to put the brakes on the French dressing. I'll take a vinegarette anyday, but the French dressing.... :meh: Gimme some hot sauce to counteract/compliment (hehehe) the leaf and cheese.

Did I mention I'm from the South and spicy works well for me. :lmao:

What a fun game, if I had know I would have snapped our manwich sanwich on hot dog buns with a side of frozen curly fries, cut up tomatoes and canned spinach that we had tonight. Tomorrow is grocery day :lol: thank goodness.
Are those oven baked or fried chicken thighs? The cottage cheese and greens are very festive looking but the red stuff makes me think I would rather eat that last dragon fly :p

Last word in my post said baked. ;);)

I can guarantee that nothing leafy would make it's way to my hubby's plate if I were away. If I were away for three weeks, he would probably pack up and go to his folks house for the interim. ;)

A mothering forum I participate in had some members participating in a months worth of dinner photos (posted on their blogs). It was interesting and often inspiring to see what other real people, real families eat. Cookbooks and magazines can make anything look appealing, but to see the food of the average person is far more useful to me.

Im in, Ill post up tonights dinner. She just got back from the grocery store and should be whipping up something yummy tonight. I eat it re-heated since I work so late, but Its still delicious and worth photographing.

Ron; thx for the garden link, I think I know what I'll be doing on the 3 day weekend coming up! I didn't read a lot of it but I did learn that Canadians put bbq sauce on steak and mint in their peas! I'm still not sure what a shod is though :lol:

Have you ever visited The Garden Web?

Tonight we had Roasted chx from the deli, homemade mashed and steamed broccli w/cheese. I think if my hubby saw me take a pic of dinner and post it online he would be sure that I'd crossed over some kind of line :D. I would so have to do it on the sly.

Tonight we had Roasted chx from the deli, homemade mashed and steamed broccli w/cheese. I think if my hubby saw me take a pic of dinner and post it online he would be sure that I'd crossed over some kind of line :D. I would so have to do it on the sly.

Mine is accustomed to my odd behaviors. (He ought to be, 16 + yrs married.) I mentioned "going over the edge" not long ago and he laughed, patted my shoulder kindly and told me that edge was passed many years ago. Oh well...sanity is over-rated.

No pic of tonight's meal here as the two year old was being a tyrant. It was leftover roasted beef tenderloin with carrots, onions and a red wine sauce, served over egg noodles/ basmati rice (the girls prefer the rice).

Tomorrow there will be something with boar sausage as we still have so much of it from hubby's hunt a few months ago. Actually, I plan to prepare dinner for them and scoot out for a weekly mom's dinner. We will see how that works out. I am at the mercy of the interstate and my husband's commute time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back