A Sunset

Way too dirty processing, imo. Halos, weird lines and stuff, dust all over the frame.

The compositions aren't bad, but it's hard to appreciate them with the current processing. I'd go much easier on them. What is that weird curved line?

the spots are terribly distracting

Thank You for the honest feedback.
The spots are dust particles over the lens.
I had my D700 with 50mm 1.4 attached to it,when I realized I need more wider view of the frame.I was looking for 20mm glass in my bag but couldn't locate it and found 28mm f3.5 AIS.The sun was moving at pretty high speed and I didn't wanted to waste any further time in cleaning the lens.

Did you take several exposures, or tonemap on just one?

Did you take several exposures, or tonemap on just one?
It's a HDR of 4 images at different exposures...Is there anything I can do in photoshop to remove the dust marks ?

probly dirty sensor too, not just dust on lens.

You can edit those spots and the worm out easily enough...

Learn to use the "clone tool". There are two of them, and each are powerful. Google them, experiment and remove the dust spots on a new version of the scene ;)

Last edited:
wow, then yeah that was a really dirtly lens. lol :)

lol...There's some learning with every mistake we make.
I have decided that I won't be lending my lenses anymore .;)

Not usually a fan of HDR but the last, cleaned up image grows on me the more I look at it. Good job removing all of the artifacts that resulted from your really, really dirty lens.

the ghost bird dust spot in the first one is kind of hilarious though. I would have left it in, haha.

Most reactions

Back