A Tick and other unpopular creatures

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice set. I hate ticks! I have a scar from one of those nasty creatures that burrowed into my leg at Ft. Hood. Careful out there, they carry Lyme disease.

Blah! on #1 and #2. Nice set, though. I'm always tromping through the tall stuff around here and have been really surprised that I haven't had those little vampires on me.

Great shots but really creepy

Good set D. Ticks really are the worst creatures on earth. Disgusting things. Great to photograph tho.

In the US ticks primarily feed on White-tailed deer. What is it they've adapted to in Great Britain?

In the US ticks primarily feed on White-tailed deer. What is it they've adapted to in Great Britain?
Everything with blood really. Birds, rabbits, deer, humans, foxes, sheep, cattle, dogs, cats, etc etc.

Everything with blood really. Birds, rabbits, deer, humans, foxes, sheep, cattle, dogs, cats, etc etc.
Our deer ticks attack just about every mammal here, and carry lyme disease to boot. I'm very fortunate that I don't seem to pick them up given all the time I spend in the brush.

somebody has to do it... yuck not me.. great shots though

Most reactions

Back