A Tough Day Hiking

The_Caper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been on many hikes in the woods near where I live. I have seen many deer but usually end up with nothing to show for it as they are so skidish.

Well today's hike was roughly 4 hours in length and I saw at least a dozen or more deer in different locations.

I had to be cautious moving around and looking about as a cougar had been spotted in the area last night according to the news.

The deer were somewhat cooperative today. One doe in particular let me creep up to her resting spot that I stumbled upon.

Wildlife in the wild is the best and only way to shoot. IMHO.

1, My hinding spot. Go away.
MyHidingSpot.jpg

2, Through the trees and under dark cover. Apologies for the shot being so dark.
ShootingthroughTrees.jpg

3, Doe X 2
DoeX2.jpg

4, The Marsh
Marsh.jpg

5, The Cattail
cattail.jpg

definatly a good days walk!
That first is the best of the set and defintaly a close shot for wild (I see 200mm as your longest listed length as well). I don't find shot 2 that dark - though I am using a bright LCD - but I can clearly see the details and there is not the hint of overbrightened pixels in the shot!

Thank you for having a look and the nice comments.

I am not affraid to say that most of my pictures are fairly bad, but it's the excercise and hikes in the woods I thouroughly enjoy along with the difficulty level at getting the wildlife shots with such a short lens.

Cheers.

Paul

Oh what an adorable face..lovely shots! :)

Great captures! I agree with you about the wild shots. I think it's much like hunting, but appreciating what you see rather than destroying it. Well done, sir! :thumbsup:

Many thanks to you both. I intend on venturing out on another 4-5 hour hike tomorrow morning. I will be keeping a close eye out for the cougar that was seen out there to be sure. :)

Cheers.

Great job! Wish I could get some captures of deer like this. Mine always turn out looking cardboard creatures. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back