A trip to Southerndown

yummifruitbat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first post at TPF, so to introduce myself I thought I'd post a few pics from a trip my girlfriend and I took in August to Southerndown, near Bridgend in South Wales.

Any comments/suggestions gratefully received :wink:

P1010057wborder_resize.jpg

P1010059wborder_resize.jpg

A Hummingbird Hawkmoth - they really do look like tiny hummingbirds, and they even hum! Probably the coolest insect we get in the UK :D
P1010064bwborder_resize.jpg

I took this one a few weeks earlier, looking back over the cliffs at Nash Point, just up the coast from Southerndown
P1010012edit2wborder_resize2.jpg

--Edit: Sorry, have resized enormous image :confused:

What do you think? Be honest !

Yummifruitbat

Thanks! The last one is very mildly photoshopped (just darkened a bit to bring out the blue in the sky). In the sense I think you mean, nope - nothing added, nothing taken away :)

I like the first shot but I think I would like it more if it were a tighter crop. That moth is very cool, great capture.

SlySniper said:
About that Hummingbird, are you sure its an Insect? I thought it was a bird....

Humming birds don't have antennas ;)

I like the first one as it is, I really enjoy the DOF in that one with the fine hairs on the flower so well in focus and the divided background of blue and green. And this is a very beautiful flower, too.

And the last one is great.
Could become an inspirational poster, if one would want to create something like that. It is a wonderful sight when the rays of the sun just come out of a tiny corner of a cloud, isn't it?

Wow, those are amazing. I love the first one the that blue and the type of flower, i've never seen that before.

very nice - that flower in the first picture is quite something. I'm with LaFoto, I like it just the way it is.

I really like the third shot! Great capture!

Wow, awesome flower in that first one and it's wicked sharp right where it needs to be. :thumbup:
Love that last one; awesome capture. :D
I've been to that area of Wales; beautiful area.

Most reactions

Back