A Wild Encounter with Colin Prior (Pic Heavy)

weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Got back from my week long photographic workshop: A Wild Encounter with Scottish landscape photographer Colin Prior on Saturday and have got some Images hot off the press.

I have to say WOW, what a trip it was! Based out of Doune in Knoydart (one of Brittians last wildernesses) we spent a week scouting about the Small Islands of Canna, Egg, Rum, Muck as well as Skye, and Loch Horne and Loch Nevis on the Mary Doune a belter of a wee boat. Seen Sea Eagles, otters, puffins, seals, golden eagles, buzzards and deer yards from the back of the lodge we were in.

Colin was increadably knowledgeable about photography and a very professional guy as well as a totally stand up chap. The locations he took us to rank in the best of scenery I've seen in the world. The highlight for me was the 300ft waterfall on the cliffs of an Island with a pair of nesting Golden Eagles at the top - awsome stuff indeed.

I was a little unsure about just how much I'd take away from the workshop, but I learned loads. We even managed to fit in a couple of tutorials on the two days where the weather wasn't great and an early return was called for so we could actually land in the boat. Even the skipper Andy was a keen photographer and Matty the deckhand had his camera out on a few occasions.

Bay of Lagg-2 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Bay of Lagg-4 by wee_pete, on Flickr4

Bay of Lagg-3 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Bay of Lagg by wee_pete, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful colours.

Most reactions

Back