What's new

A winding road

Gadfly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
38.jpg
 
Beautiful composition, lovely soft colours, very serene image. Not fond of the warm edges, though.
 
Thanks Invisible for your kind words.

I hate to make excuses, but the warm edges are due to light leaks. I thought cropping the image further would compromise the composition.

Cheers!
 
I think I would have liked it in Black & White ...
 
I like it. Dreamy effect with the shallow use of DOF, gentle hues, good framing.
 
I think I would have liked it in Black & White ...

38-Copy.jpg


B/W seems to convey a different feeling. I'll have to think about this one a bit.

Thanks for the input folks!
 
Nice image ....I would like it better without the yellow glow on the edges.
 
B&W takes it.
 
What about this variant of cropping?

Your variant has too much space on the right part without any object on it that can attract attention. (IMHO)

My variant is also doesn't perfect. Too less "air". Probably vertical variant will be better. More moving along path.
 

Attachments

  • $38a.webp
    $38a.webp
    103.9 KB · Views: 82
  • $38b.webp
    $38b.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
It's interesting. I can see what you mean about the negative space, I often place a lot of it in my photos, but I can understand why it wouldn't work here.

I love your crops. My nit pick for #1 would be that the top curve is nearly tangent to the frame, so when your eye follows it, it runs off the side of the photo which can be jarring. #2 nit pick would be that by cropping the bottom, there is almost nothing left in critical focus; this can be a good thing, but leaves the photo without the gradual change as you follow the road up, which is what I was aiming for.

Thanks for the input!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom