A zombie attack felt imminent

kiwi314

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't have an external flash, reflector or any extra equipment yet; this was just playing around with my camera. The backlight made plenty of work for me in lightroom to brighten my subject. The shadows are pumped up to 100, too. After seeing it reduced to this size, though, I almost think I could've lifted the exposure a little more overall.
C&C please. :1247:

Window hopper by Kaley Barrow, on Flickr

My monitor here isn't calibrated but the exposure looks good to me. It almost looks subtle hdr with details on the wall

Light looks good; proof that you don't need anything more than a camera and lens to capture great light, no extra gear needed.
Perhaps bring the saturation down a tad bit, particularly in the red tones.

I bought a D750 a month ago, and it has been my introduction to RAW files. I exposed for the highlights here and was nervous about being able to produce a good final image; but I trusted what everyone had said about the magnificent dynamic range. Lo and behold... A single image HDR lol. I did have to brush exposure on my subject to lighten him further though, artificially substituting for a fill light.
I understand what you mean regarding the saturation. I brought it down some, but then was messing around with split toning and added 2% red to the shadows which gave it that effect. Perhaps I should've let that be.
before-after.JPG

I like the breakup in the brick pattern and the the truss patterns, but I feel like the subject is getting lost in the complexity of the lines.

I like the breakup in the brick pattern and the the truss patterns, but I feel like the subject is getting lost in the complexity of the lines.

same thoughts. I feel like if the background is cleaner (the wooden ceiling is removed), the photo will look much better

Most reactions

Back