A380 First Flight

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just thought I'd let everyone know, in case they hadn't heard yet, that the Airbus A380 is having its first flight on Wednesday at 10am-ish (GMT+2) at Toulouse, France. YAY!

I'm tossing up if I'll go down to the airport to watch it take off/land or if I'll watch it via the web or TV or if I'll go somewhere else in Toulouse for a good vantage spot. Ohhh the decisions.

Check out the size of this baby.

My appartment is really close to one of the approach routes so if I'm lucky I might get a nice shot of it coming in to land. Fingers Crossed!

Yup, been hearing about the A380. Its a behemoth!

Hope the Dreamliner would be able to offer a healthy competition.

It is a beastie, they have to sail the wings from the UK - the other Airbus ones are flown in the weirdest looking plane in the sky, I was in their UK factory about six months ago, pretty impressive stuff.

Yeah the Belugas are weird looking planes especially when they're in the air. They look like they should fall straight to the ground.
Beluga.jpg

That dreamliner looks a bit weird as well with that strange nose.

Oh yes, it'll be tomorrow. If I were anywhere near there, I'd go! They might come into Hamburg - and if they should, I'll definitely go to take a look - the whole family will go. Husband and son won't be able to contain themselves, should that thing come to Hamburg (which it will).

I will be at Toronto International the first time it comes in. I was at Toronto for the very first and last Concorde landing and take-off. I was only 10 or so when the Concorde came in for the first time and I have still have the pics in my album.

Eric

AIRIC, I have heard that couple of accidents led to the grounding of the whole AF/BA Concordes.

Why exactly do you think they grounded Concorde?

Daniel

I've decided that I'm not going to go out to the airport tomorrow because it's just going to be too hard to get out there. But I will be going into the city square where they'll be broadcasting it. Hopefully there'll be about 10,000 people in the square so I'll get some cool shots of that!
It's also being broadcast via the airbus website so everyone can watch it.

It has been doing some runway tests though this week.
looping.jpg

Most reactions

Back