a99 at Adorama

No, but I am sure that it has image stabilization. However the bottom line is that the suggested price for the A99 is more than twice the price for the A77. Is it worth double the price?

skieur

The AF system sounds intersting. I am a bit surprised at the max of 6FPS though, especially since all i've ever heard from skquieiwer was how awesome the FPS on his A77 is from the lack of a moving mirror.

I have already seen an increase in a850/900s on EBay. If I pick this up I will sell an a850 to help with the cost. I have a lot invested in Sony lenses an the trusty a850 is getting some age on it.

The AF system sounds intersting. I am a bit surprised at the max of 6FPS though, especially since all i've ever heard from skquieiwer was how awesome the FPS on his A77 is from the lack of a moving mirror.

When you become more mature, perhaps you will learn to write "I've" correctly and spell skieur,.....but I doubt it.

skieur

I never understood why FPS would be such a big issue. If I was a big sports shooter I would understand but anything 5 or above is cool with me.

I never understood why FPS would be such a big issue. If I was a big sports shooter I would understand but anything 5 or above is cool with me.

spray and pray performance, helps the bestbuy clerks sell it
bigthumb.gif

Well, the FPS helps on the A77 for great panoramas and HDRs with no allignment problems. With the added 36 megapixels and possibly buffer size issues they may not be able to go with the same 12 fps.

skieur

Its handy for sports so you get more shots and hopefully get on with really good action poses.

Well, the FPS helps on the A77 for great panoramas and HDRs with no allignment problems. With the added 36 megapixels and possibly buffer size issues they may not be able to go with the same 12 fps.

skieur

A99 is 24MP.

Dual slots for memory sticks or SD cards...

...memory sticks...lol

skieur

A99 is 24MP.

Oops! I stand corrected, which still leaves me wondering about the reason for the price difference between the A77 and the A99.

skieur

Dual slots for memory sticks or SD cards...

...memory sticks...lol

That kinda threw me also. I think this only the second DSLR/SLR they have released a memory stick slot. Interestingly it looks like the memory card slot is actually a dual purpose slot that can take either a memory stick or an SD card. I was suprised no QXD slot was included. The combination of high files sizes and SD cards baffles me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back