Abandoned Shed (C&C Requested)

PeterAdley939

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is an abandoned shed to a stone mine just down the road from me. The stone mine (no longer accessible) was converted in world war 2 and used to store ammunition/shells underground. This shed was one of the entrances to the massive underground complex. Would be grateful for an comments and thoughts on how to improve.

Monkton Farleigh 19 District Ammo Shed by Peter_939, on Flickr

Monkton Farleigh Shed Window by Peter_939, on Flickr

Kind Regards,

Pete

As far as the first picture goes. Sorry, I cant really get in to it. A lot of people on here put pictures of old buildings, and old can be really cool, but in this case, it misses the mark by a mile. All that debris and trash, just looks bad, not "old" just bad. If the picture was perfect, maybe I could get over the boring subject, but the sky is blown out, the image is under-exposed, ect.

Thanks for sharing though.

I like the subject, but the blank sky and all that foreground are not your friends here. Go back and get closer, framing the building and the stuff in front with no sky and only a little of the pavement.

Many thanks for the comments. It was taken mainly to document the building for a local facebook group as opposed to being artistic etc but agree that its quite boring! The sky is something I really need to be careful of and I seem to neglect! (as seen below)

HMS Royal Arthur - Windows by Peter_939, on Flickr

I think shot one done as an HDR could have had a lot of potential. I like the perspective shot through the busted out window (I think thats what I'm seeing), but like you said the sky could use some work.

Like zombiemann alluded to on the second shot, there isn't too much too reveal what the subject is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back