Aboriginal's 'Father's Song' (Anti-genocide rally)

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_0180.jpg

nice bokeh on the main subject! Maybe that is the new way of taking photos :)

What can I do. I was using a 70-300 mm zoom lens. I had no tripod. I have to wiggle myself into the crowd because they were amassing around the singer...S*** happens..:grumpy:

What can I do.

You COULD not post it at all. Is there really a point? Are you looking for constructive criticism? I mean it's clearly BAD. That's coming from a guy that can't stand people bashing other people or their photos. In this case, it's necessary. You've made multiple threads of images from the same rally, and all but one that I've seen is just plain BAD.

Use your own judgment. Sort through your photos and pick out the ones that can be saved, and either trash or archive the bad ones. If I go out shooting for an entire day in a subject-rich environment (my own way of saying there's lots of stuff to take pictures of) I could shoot 1,000 to 2,000 images, and only actually upload 30 (if even that many) after sorting through them all. Not that 970 of those 1,000 images were bad, I just go and pick the BEST images of the entire day or set.

I am very sorry Whoot..I stood or stand to be corrected. Sovietdoc, that is funny..Is that a Mongol or a Krygystan in Alma Ata smoking rolled cigarettes...Funny..

What can I do. I was using a 70-300 mm zoom lens. I had no tripod. I have to wiggle myself into the crowd because they were amassing around the singer...S*** happens..:grumpy:

The other problem is, none of your images say anything.

Well, they say, "these are people, doing something, somewhere...".

They don't say rally, protest, march...

Even that image of the cops on bikes...We have cops on bikes here too, and sometimes you'll see a gaggle of them when they meet up.

You captured zero context. Zero emotion. Zero tension.

I'm really not a mean person (at least I try not to be), and I don't want to seem like I am... I wasn't kidding when I said I hate people who just dump on others... You don't have to apologize like I'm 'higher' than you or you did something wrong (even though you kinda did?). Just FIX IT. Seriously, use some of your own common sense that I'm sure you have! Think to yourself "Would someone else that's good at taking pictures upload this? Is this representative of what I can really do?". If not, don't post it to showcase your skills.

It's nothing whoot...YOu are correcting my mistakes...It took me 45 years old to mature... I was expelled from military school because of immaturity and homesickness and other non-sensical activities that were unproductive..I really stood to be corrected...

Look, everyone has their opinions, some say them out right more boldly than others. If you post your shots here, you are open to people to post up their impressions, both good or bad. You have to understand that when you post, because if you post and can't take criticism, why post at all?

Yeah your shots do need work. Sharpness is not as important as composition, what are you trying to tell viewers by the shot you took. There are shots that work just as reportage, a collection of various events that happened at that place and time. Other shots, like some of the ones you tried to make are meant to be portraits that show the mood of the whole thing with peoples emotions that could add up to the whole picture of the event.

Besides the lack of sharpness and composure in most of your shots (which are really just a few technical flaws you can easily fix), the main reason they're not significant is the fact that they don't really capture anything. Ever heard a song someone wrote and it had absolutely no meaning? Yeah. Empty.

Most reactions

Back