What's new

About the other night.......

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
84
IMG_0051.jpg
 
did you light this yourself? this is brilliant.
i wish i had the same eye for colour.
 
thanks for the comp.

actually this was right around the corner from where the front meets the back of a retail center parknig lot. The blue came from the side lights for the front, and the yellow the light for the back door. Just as they were natural, I didnt use any lighting of my own.

I helped to pop the colors, but the blue and yellow was just a lucky observtion from where I was standing.
 
Great colours. Think I'd liked to have seen it from a slightly closer vantage point so that the building and dumpster were a little larger relative to the other items in the shot - currently, a lot of the foreground isn't doing too much for me.
 
I agree with Chris in that the foreground could probably be cropped to give a more square picture but I think it would be more visually appealing and make the great colors pop even more. Really nice shot.
 
I didn't think about that, but I think you may have a point. Ill have to experiment with some cropping later on.
 
I like the distance. I think it gives it mood and purpose.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom