Accidently changing settings with your nose

are you one of those left eye lookers? :sexywink:
I certainly am....

Puts my nose right at the directional buttons on my camera. I adjust aperture and shutter with those buttons, so very often, I set up the camera in manual mode, then leave the display so that the settings are changeable. When looking through the viewfinder to take a shot, I am concentrated on the image and don't notice all the other info stuff in the viewfinder. I look at the picture and it is nearly black! Then I find that the 1/360 shutter and f/3.5 aperture I meant to take has turned into f/13.6 (my min. aperture) by my nose.

I do that all the time and it's VERY annoying. I guess not annoying enough yet to beat it into my head not to do that though.

You know what they say about men with big noses! ;-) :D
Same as guys who drive the way too big trucks back and forth to work? It's compensating for the lack of size somewhere else? :lmao:

Looks like a good call for some rhinoplasty.......

I have that issue on my Nikon D80! The camera and my nose are both big enough that my nose will smash into the play button at the upper left, and then instead of the control wheels adjusting for the next shot, my nose really hit the play button to keep review active and it's scrolling through pictures or shot review displays! :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have tried tilting my head all over the place and I still do it a lot of the time. I also have to clean my LCD screen everytime because it is a greasy mess by the time I get done (skin is somewhat oily - but atleast I get tan quick!).

You know what they say about men with big noses! ;) :D

...and it must be true :mrgreen:

Bah, I'm a left eye looker, and my nose isn't particularly small or anything, and I don't really have that problem. Then again, All my menu buttons and such are on the left side of the camera, so, my left-eye looking actually helps in this case.

Have exactly the same problem 400D left eye photgrapher, keep changing the ISO! Mr Canon please move the buttons over a bit!

Never happened to me. My problem is getting make-up all over my screen, though!

you know, i never noticed but i shoot left eyed and im right handed. i usually end up getting nose smudges on my screen. i just tried shooting right eyed and it is so much easier. do most people shoot according to if theyre left or right handed?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back