Adapter for Canon MP-E65mm on m4/3 ?

tengler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I just purchased a Panasonic GH2 and would like to know if an adapter exists enabling me to use the Canon macro lens Canon MP-E65mm.
It's a manual focus lens, so no worry about missing the auto-focus feature.

If yes, do I have to expect some drawbacks using the adapter (such as vignetting, even shallower DOF, ...) ?

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Petr

Probably wouldn't be a good idea since the MP-E64 still uses electronic aperture control. This means you'll be stuck shooting wide open only which is going to be an issue for macro photography.

So yes.. there are adapters for EOS/EF lenses on m43 camera BUT its often not ideal as there is no aperture control.

So yes.. there are adapters for EOS/EF lenses on m43 camera BUT its often not ideal as there is no aperture control.
To change aperture, you would have to mount the lens to a Canon body, select the aperture you want, then remove the lens while holding down the DOF preview button...

Since you would have to have a Canon body to do that, it kinda defeats the purpose. If you had the Canon body, you might as well use that to take the pictures...

Thanks for the quick reply.
You're probably right: shooting wide open with a lens that has already extremely shallow DOP might be frustrating.

Some adapters carry the suitable electronics, don't they? Is there any hope that somebody will develop such a thing? (Probably there not enough money to make with) ?

Some adapters carry the suitable electronics, don't they? Is there any hope that somebody will develop such a thing? (Probably there not enough money to make with) ?
Yes, they do exist - but they are usually very expensive...

Off the top of my head, I don't know of any that meet your needs, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.

Most reactions

Back