Adobe Bridge?

wil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What is the general thoughts of adobe bridge? Good? Bad? What do most of the people here use for cataloging and workflow? The reason I ask is because I'm now useing ACDsee 7.0 and I'm thinking of useing Bridge exclusively. Would this be a good idea or should I stay with ACDsee.

Also for the people that use ACDsee, how do you put the "photo disc." back on the computer with out having 2 sets of thumb nails and the image count going up? I have about 2500 images on disc that are cataloged on disc by date and not file ( Landscape, vacation, wedding ec...) I would like to have them all grouped up so when I need to find an image I don't have to search every day useing the calander screen.

Nobody has any thoughts on ACDsee or Adobe Bridge? What about other "Work flow" Programs?

Sorry, but I don't really have a work flow. it's sort of... hmm i think i might work on this picture now. I don't really use bridge just because my computer has a hard time coping with it and PS at the same time.

For cataloguing and organising my photos though, I use Google's Picasa 2.0. It's really good I find and makes it really easy and fast to find a photo.

I maybe old school (or maybe just old), but I just do not see the point in Adobe Bridge, or in Adobe Album.

When I download pics from my memory cards I just put them in folders with good names like the date and location. When I scan film I do the same thing. Then using the thumbnail viewer in Windows XP, I go and delete the ones that do not have a chance. I am pretty harsh with my deletes now so that is usually 80-90%. I find this to be a much quicker and better way to get rid of the junk. So now the 500+ pictures on my 2 gig card or reduced down to 50-100. I then use Ifanview to quickly go through these full screen, and jot down the file names that I want to edit in Photoshop. I will also jot down file names that are crap and delete them also.

Then I just use file open to open the file I want. If I do not know the name I can also see a thumbnail in the open window.

Bridge, Album, and other prograns like it are a waste to me. I just do not see the point. If you keep organized from the start it just makes life so much better.

I've just finally upgraded from PS6 :eek: to CS2! Quite the jump, but I LOVE it!! Still trying to figure out bridge and if I like it. It's neat, but I am with Wally, haven't really found the point yet. Still stuck in my old habits...

I use Bridge, but I think it could be better. The reason I use it is because it's the only thing I have that lets me browse RAW files. The area in which it could be a lot better is that it autocorrects the photos until you open them and deselect, so what you see in Bridge is NOT what you actually shot...

do you mean it crops the photos or changes color and contrast ec...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back