Adobe Camera Raw questions

kkamin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinkaminphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Is there a way to unpreview everything at the same time (e.g. basic settings, vignettes, spot healing brush, camera calibration, etc......)

2. After I make adjustments to a Raw file with ACR and exit out of the program, when I go back to the file in ACR and uncheck Preview, nothing happens. If I make a change then uncheck Preview, it will show me what the file was saved at, but not its original untouched state. Is there a way to look at the file again in its original untouched state? (without setting all the sliders to their default and hiding adjustments)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you like to read books?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Real-World-Camera-Adobe-Photoshop/dp/0321580133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281726722&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS4 (9780321580139): Bruce Fraser, Jeff Schewe: Books[/ame]

Yes I do.

I feel I am a fairly adept ACR user already. I just had some specific questions and was looking for people who might know the answer. It was an alternative to purchasing a book and reading a 100 pages to get to my answer.

If you have a copy of the book(s), it becomes a part of your reference library.

I refer to my personal reference library all the time.

I'm to impatient to wait on other people to suppply me an answer. Plus, and a real bonus IMO, by tracking down answers myself, I discover useful information I didn't know, I didn't know.

Yeah.. set it to default... then to go back set it to last setting.

Wow. Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

KmH do you often go out and buy an entire book when you're looking for one simple answer?

Just click on the drop down menu and chose previous conversion, camera raw default or custom settings.
968869465_vHxWp-Th.png

KmH do you often go out and buy an entire book when you're looking for one simple answer?
Yes. I know the book will usually also have answers I didn't know I had questions for.

Plus there are a number of other resources I use, like Internet search engines and the help tab in Photoshop.

Like I said mentioned above, it's neat discovering lines of inquiry you didn't previously consider.

Yes. I know the book will usually also have answers I didn't know I had questions for.

Plus there are a number of other resources I use, like Internet search engines and the help tab in Photoshop.

Like I said mentioned above, it's neat discovering lines of inquiry you didn't previously consider.

Isn't the purpose of a forum is to exchange knowledge? I understand how to type a question into Google or search Amazon for a relevant book, but often these forums are a great time saver for quick questions. I wasn't asking how to do something complicated like retouch skin. I was asking basically where a toggle switch was located.

You could literally go through 90% of the forum postings and type: Do you like to read? Do you know what Google is? Although it would be a form of advice, it would ultimately not be what the OP was looking for.

I appreciate all the helpful responses and I contribute when I can.

Most reactions

Back