Adrift...Abstract

Thanks, all, for the comments!!

'K, nomed.

Nothing against binga, but he should have some competition, don't you think?

My reasons: It's not every day that we see an un-manipulated photo with good balance and this much life in the color. Well worth your consideration for POTM, IMO, April, 2015.

And don't forget to vote on that forum, folks.

:icon_eek: (I couldn't find a "mouth agape, but clearly happy emoticon)…

Wow, thank you!! I appreciate that!

Oh, and FWIW; do not enter this in "digital manipulation".

No worries, not entering it in that one. I'll stick to my original intent to enter it in the general exhibit of mixed media pieces--no categories to have to select. I just always start second-guessing myself when it comes down to the wire on what to submit where, and I was having a bit of that last night. It would be NICE if I could enter it in the other exhibit, because that one will be judged and there is at least the potential to win cash money. But it's all good, because I'm entering a couple of my definitely digitally-manipulated smoke photos in that one.

As for the name--Tiny Bubbles did immediately make me think of Don Ho. That has somewhat pleasant memories for me related to my father.

Still… @annamaria got me thinking…maybe "Adrift on a Rainbow Sea."

Still open to other suggestions though. And right now, I'm gonna go listen to "Tiny Bubbles…" :D

I like this. The colors, the shapes. Great job. Was this done with water and oil in a painted container ?

"Un-Processed" or "#6" or "Dirty Dishes" or "Oils"

It seems a bit Andy Warhol-esque, especially if you symmetrically copy and paste the image a number of times.

Nice work, Sharon. I love the color, shapes and disorder. I would call it Ebullition. Good luck!

ebullition
noun
1. a seething or overflowing, as of passion or feeling;outburst.
2. the state of being ebullient.
3. the act or process of boiling up.
4. a rushing forth of water, lava, etc., in a state agitation.

Fractal bubbles.

Boiling light.

The Multiverse in my kitchen.

Nice work, Sharon. I love the color, shapes and disorder. I would call it Ebullition. Good luck!

ebullition
noun
1. a seething or overflowing, as of passion or feeling;outburst.
2. the state of being ebullient.
3. the act or process of boiling up.
4. a rushing forth of water, lava, etc., in a state agitation.

Oooh, Ebullition, I like it!!

Fractal bubbles.

Boiling light.

The Multiverse in my kitchen.

I rather like Boiling Light, too! But Ebullition might just be the winner.

I like this. The colors, the shapes. Great job. Was this done with water and oil in a painted container ?

Water and oil, yes. The container was clear--the background was a printed plastic tablecloth.

Sharon how did you come up with that idea? That's pretty neat!!

Water and oil, yes. The container was clear--the background was a printed plastic tablecloth.

Uh-oh, now you've done it. You made me think of a story. :D
When my sister and I were little, we loved to draw--she was really good at it, me not so much. My sister was especially good at thinking of things to draw, imaginative things, not just what was in front of you.
One of our best friends was drawing with us one day, and asked my sister, "How do you come up with all these ideas of what to draw?"
My sister's reply: "I just look inside my head!" :lol:

So, that's pretty much how this happened--I just looked inside my head!
Often, when I start doing "fun" photography like this--I just gather up a bunch of what I consider potentially useful stuff, and then I just start playing with it, to see what really has potential, what needs more thought about how to use it, and what just doesn't work.
I often buy stuff at the dollar store JUST because it looks like something that might just be fun to play with for some photography--that's where the tablecloth came from.

Uh-oh, now you've done it. You made me think of a story. :D
When my sister and I were little, we loved to draw--she was really good at it, me not so much. My sister was especially good at thinking of things to draw, imaginative things, not just what was in front of you.
One of our best friends was drawing with us one day, and asked my sister, "How do you come up with all these ideas of what to draw?"
My sister's reply: "I just look inside my head!" :lol:

So, that's pretty much how this happened--I just looked inside my head!
Often, when I start doing "fun" photography like this--I just gather up a bunch of what I consider potentially useful stuff, and then I just start playing with it, to see what really has potential, what needs more thought about how to use it, and what just doesn't work.
I often buy stuff at the dollar store JUST because it looks like something that might just be fun to play with for some photography--that's where the tablecloth came from.

I enjoyed reading your little story and those are some great ideas. :)

Most reactions

Back