Advice needed on lenses for new Rebel XT

davidfun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am a complete noob. I just bought the 350 xt from butterflyphoto and was talked into getting the two sigma lenses instead of the standard cannon lense, and the 75-300?4-5.6III usm.

The two sigmas are at this link
http://www2.butterflyphoto.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=REBELLENSKIT

Are these significantly better. I read the kit lense was very poor, and wanted an upgrade for a modest price.

I want the best quality I can get to cover this range without spending much.

I will mainly be using the camera for family, sporting, and various vacationing type events. I want great pictures when I take them, that's why I went with the SLR.

The lenses will do fine. A great picture will not be the sole responsibility of the lens. Shoot alot and shoot often. Get a few books or take a class and hang out here. All will help on the quest for those great photos.

i have both of those lenses, and they work GREAT. i have one problem though. Whenever i have the smaller lens on, i see something that i want to take a picture of close-up, and vice versa. But, i deal. Good luck

I will do as suggested. Being that the cannon lenses are quite a bit cheaper with current rebate deal, are the sigma lenses a significant step-up, or similiar.

Most reactions

Back