Advice Needed

jjj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would love to start selling my photos but don't know what the best way to do this is, I would prefer to actually get them printed and put in frames and then sell them. I know this is more costly but if anyone knows where the best places is to get them printed? Would it be okay to get them printed at Tesco for instance? or is this the wrong way of doing things?
Any advice would be handy,

Kind regards,
Jonathan

There's many things to consider when selling prints, 1st off is whether there's a market for your stuff, if there is then I suggest you look up PRO labs in your area, if you don't have one you can register with "Loxely Colour" online and either upload or send a cd of the images you want printing. Then there's framing/mounting and probably a major problem, a sales outlet, good luck, you'll need it, stay away from hi street minilabs, tesco/asda/bonusprint etc etc, they provide garbage prints. H

Welcome to the forum.

I agree, if you want to sell prints, it would be a good idea to form a relationship with a good PRO lab. If you want a high end product, then look into custom framing as well.

Where are you planning to sell these photos? What's your plan etc?
It's one thing to offer prints for sale, it's another thing to actually get people to pay for them.

I would love to start selling my photos but don't know what the best way to do this is, I would prefer to actually get them printed and put in frames and then sell them. I know this is more costly but if anyone knows where the best places is to get them printed? Would it be okay to get them printed at Tesco for instance? or is this the wrong way of doing things?
Any advice would be handy,

Kind regards,
Jonathan
Many times clients want to choose the frame so it complements the colors and/or decor of the room it will be placed in, or in the case of desktop sized prints they want the frame to complement a piece of furniture.

In other words, you can crimp your sales by framing prints without consulting first with the client.

A source for quality, reasonably priced mat/framing materials is actually more important than who prints the photo, because much more of your cost will be in the mat/frame, than in the print. Mind, you still need quality prints.

It doesn't sound like you have not identified a target market yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back