Advise wanted on Canon Lenses and Macbook pro. :-)

You can get a high end PC.. the only advantage a mac has over a PC in image editing(Or so i was told by a professor back in college) is that a mac stores a little more of the camera data used to take picture.. and can then help make adjustments because it knows more of the parameters that were made to shoot it. you can do the same with a PC that you can with a MAC.. and for cheaper too. with better components and easier upgrades. there's a reason PC hold's 93% market share of computers out there.. MAC only has a measly 6%.... there's a reason for that.

ps - you can get the same computer power of a macbook pro - but for much cheaper from a PC.

I am a PC fan boy - but I don't hate on it. I'm just letting you know that budget wise theres a more viable budget friendly device than a mac book pro. PC with the right components will destroy a mac book pro any day.. i built my own PC beast for less than 1200 bucks. PC vista - have had 0 problems with it. if you know what you're doing with a PC you can avoid all the security issues.. and the only reason Mac's dont have security issues is because no one bothers to wriet virus's for something that would affect so little amount of people. there are plenty of issues you don't hear about with MAC's because so few peopel own them - that its not worth publicizing... if there werent issues forums such as mac-help.com wouldn't exist. don't believe all the hype about mac's. they are good.. and they are way over priced.. a PC is a mroe budget friendly just as powerful (if not more)option. also - you can upgrade a PC to a better component then a mac.. for example - for my friend to upgrade to a quad core processor for a mac (himself installing it too - just the quad cores) was $1200. When I did the same on my PC - 650.. i think 700 after shipping + extra warranty.

Home built PC's are cheaper, but comparing other AIO's to iMacs yield similar pricing. Even comparing similar high end laptops. True, you can get away with certain amenities, but there's stuff like a back lit keyboard and a remote control that are just good to have. I tend to watch movies in my room through the computer. I'm glad I can operate everything with a remote instead of having to adjust stuff on the computer all the time.

Thank everyone SOOO much for the feedback ...

I made up my mind and bought a lens.. the MacBook will have to wait... this is the lens I bought... The Canon EF 70-200mm f4L USM for my Canon 400D

:)

Thank everyone SOOO much for the feedback ...

I made up my mind and bought a lens.. the MacBook will have to wait... this is the lens I bought... The Canon EF 70-200mm f4L USM for my Canon 400D

:)

If you are on a budget and want a computer I would get a PC not a laptop ;)

Windows 7 is great and you can get a lot more processing power with a PC for less money.

Instead of a Macbook, get one of the new 27" Imac's for only like $1600. Amazing deal. Especially with the quad processor, TB hard drive, and 4GB Ram. And something like a 4GH processor too.

Instead of a Macbook, get one of the new 27" Imac's for only like $1600. Amazing deal. Especially with the quad processor, TB hard drive, and 4GB Ram. And something like a 4GH processor too.

I am really considering this in fact... I want to make film as well though... would this still have the same offering as the macbook pro's?

Macs are overpriced status symbols in my opinion.

Get a fairly highend pc for around 700, slap snow leopard on it and call it good if you want mac os that much (i don't)

Windows 7 rules so hard...

use the saved money on a lens...

DOWN WITH APPLE

woo

Meh...they're all just tools for the job. There's nothing worse than a fan boy though.
You know what's funny about the whole "mac fanboy" thing is that in most threads where someone even mentions a Mac there are numerous PC fanboys who feel like they have to ridicule mac owners as money-wasters.

It makes me wonder if these same people go up to Lexus and Mercedes owners and make fun of them because a Toyota will still get you from A to B.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back