Not open for further replies.

Chuck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Moderators - - please close this thread. thanks

Last edited:
If I recall correctly Steve McCurry took this shot inside of a tent so I'd assume(and from the reflection in her eyes I'd say it's a good guess) that the catch light is the opening of the tent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_Girl_(photo)
taken by National Geographic photographer Steve McCurry on Kodachrome color slide film.
[...]
The image itself was named "the most recognized photograph" in the history of the magazine.

They don't give any technical specs, but I suspect natural light. Looks like maybe a window...

?

Oooh - that makes sense, with the green background.

This is an iconic image..... and should be linked since it's not the OP's image.

I could be wrong, but I do not think you have the right to edit that photo, no more than you have the right to paint a new smile on the Mona Lisa.

I could be wrong, but I do not think you have the right to edit that photo, no more than you have the right to paint a new smile on the Mona Lisa.

What??? he said it was OK to edit his photos??... Look at his profile??

Sorry...now I see it was not his photo....my bad...you are correct

What??? he said it was OK to edit his photos??... Look at his profile??[/QUOTE]

:lmao:.. LMAO... Maybe you should clean the little girl's face up in PS.

I guess I should have read better and realized that it was not his photo....

Cheers and moving on....Good luck.
Joe

Last edited:
I'm wondering, did he used any tripod?
And also about the technical configuration...

If I recall correctly Steve McCurry took this shot inside of a tent so I'd assume(and from the reflection in her eyes I'd say it's a good guess) that the catch light is the opening of the tent.

That makes sense.

This is an iconic image..... and should be linked since it's not the OP's image.

Ummm - - it is linked. And I don't believe anyone would believe that I am claiming this to be my photo in any freakin' way possible. Nor did I change it in any way whatsoever, including the fact that I did not post it, crop it, etc., etc.

Just a simple link to one of the most famous photos ever, that is plastered all over the Internet, in many different versions, and I chose this particular already existing link because it clearly showed the catch-lights in her eyes which was the main point of my question.

This is easily, easily easily fair use.

Mr. McCurry, I'm sure, would be very pleased that a group of photographers is studying his photo for educational purposes. . .

Now, back to anyone who might have some technical info on how this pic was taken so that we can learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back