African Eagle

Litespeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a picture of an African Eagle I took at the zoo.

Eaglesharpenedpiccopy.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot, but I feel like the focus is more on the back, and that you missed it a bit on the eyes. The eyes and beak seem a bit soft to me.

It's a bit overexposed and the eye isn't in focus, but good capture with a Canon SX10 IS. It's a little noisy at ISO 200...does that camera go lower on the ISO setting? And did you shoot this through a screen or mesh? Noticing some color banding in the head and the background.

I did focus on the back, rather then the eye, but shooting through a wire fence was hard to do. I'm just glad the bird stayed still long enough for me to get it.

I did some sharpening on it and put it through noiseware, but this is the best I could do.

I don't think it's to bad for a newbie.

its not bad at all, a great shot, you should be proud, alot of people on here just focus on the negatives...so dont worry about it :eek:)

its not bad at all, a great shot, you should be proud, alot of people on here just focus on the negatives...
That's the whole point of C&C...to point out the faults or problems in a shot so that the shooter will learn from them and grow as a photographer. If we all just said that every picture looked great no one would really benefit from C&C. It's really hard for most people to give themselves honest C&C because they're biased...that's why they ask for C&C from others who will give them unbiased C&C and help them to see things they themselves ignore.

its not bad at all, a great shot, you should be proud, alot of people on here just focus on the negatives...so dont worry about it :eek:)

:biglaugh:

No, it's not an awful shot. But it's not fantastic either.
Should the OP be proud of it? Sure.

But the OP will learn a lot more when the "bad" stuff is pointed out.
eh...like Samanax said.

:biglaugh:

No, it's not an awful shot. But it's not fantastic either.
Should the OP be proud of it? Sure.

But the OP will learn a lot more when the "bad" stuff is pointed out.
eh...like Samanax said.

yes, but with nothing positive to say, its just straight negativity. Like I said..

CC has been covered! Gorgeous eagal though!

Ok, I understand the C & C part, but I also like to hear the positive. Can anyone tell me what the really good points of the shot are?

I think if I heard the actual good points first and then someone tells me the points I need to work on that would help me more. I tend to be sensitive.

Ok, I understand the C & C part, but I also like to hear the positive. Can anyone tell me what the really good points of the shot are?

I think if I heard the actual good points first and then someone tells me the points I need to work on that would help me more. I tend to be sensitive.

Follow the link in my sig to 'The Pact.' Bottom line is, negative C&C is nothing personal. When people give C&C they are trying to help you grow as a photographer. Sometimes, people can't look past the negative. I've seen plenty of photos that, even though maybe the composition was good, or the lighting was good, or something like that, there was so much wrong that those positive points didn't matter. Take it as a compliment when someone gives you negative C&C. It means that they care enough about you as a photographer to take time out of their day to help you learn from your mistakes.

If you'd like something positive, I like the composition of the shot, and the fact that you have an idea of what's in the background, but it's blurred enough to not be that distracting from your subject. Other than that, I agree with what most others are saying about the shot.

is it just me or has there been an influx of sensitive people as of late?

C&C has been covered.

on a positive you've captured some GREAT browns.

I don't think the OP was looking for CC, but rather a pat on the back. This would not be the best place for that... however, I am sure his mom can handle that well enough.

Both the good and the bad parts are equally well covered already.

(hint: when it comes to a CC, the good part is NOT the important part... its the "bad" comments that will help you improve... thats why its called a "critique". ;) )

Most reactions

Back