Airplane Grave Yard at sunset

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tucson is known for Davis Monthan Air Force Base. We have a huge Airplane grave yard. Interesting enough these planes if needed could be up and running within time incase of war. I passed by the other day and I thought it would make for a good sunset picture. In Tucson we have beautiful sunsets and depending on the day they vary. Sometimes its real orange and red, some days lots of yellow and magenta colors. Today we yellow, orange and purplish color. This was taken using 4 exposures.

airplanegraveyard by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I really like this one good job. The flare just above the horizon is nice.

Super sunset. The colors are well saturated, yet realistic. The road leads your eye right to the setting sun. Great way to end the year.

Great composition. The road leads right up to that beautiful sunset!

Thanks guys I really like this image. I would be cool if that fence was not in the way so I could get closer to those planes. That would make for a cool photo.

I went and looked at the large Original on Flickr to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

The ground looks completely void of saturation, to the point where it looks like you've merged a color photo with a BW.

Although this brings more attention to the sky, the image overall seems unnatural.

The composition is good, however.

Most reactions

Back