All ye blokes and sheilas, how bout an aussie mystery tour?

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just thinking I might a wee bit of time off in a few months before the year ends, and I might go over to oz in October or November... I really would like meet up with a few you tpf ockers. However, i don't want go to the typical places and i'd really love to go to a place i haven't been before.

It'd be cool to plan an aussie mystery tour and figure out a place in Oz where no tpf matey has gone before. I think planning it quite a few months ahead should be fine for those strapped for a few bob.

Anyone game?

kewlies, glad a few folks are interested!

Mandapants, what is your schedule like? Fill me in on the details... I am really flexible when... I can wait till sometime is good for everyone who is keen meeting up:)

Sounds like Manda's heading for Tasmania
:LOL:

Sounds good Vonn ..... I might be able to wrangle a coupla weeks off work...
Any ideas on where ya might wanna go ?

Well, i am game for anywhere, I was thinking about Victoria cause I have a friend in mel. I haven't seen in awhile, but just about any place in Oz country is fine with me. The only state i haven't been to is WA, but that seems ages away, but I hear Perth and the surrounds is nice.

Though i've been, I really would mind doing the GOR either.

Basically just throwing some ideas out there, so we can get a dialogue started.

Also, if anyone is interested in jumping the pond, I can take some folks to some awesome sites around where I live too. I also haven't been to some areas of the south island, so if folks are keen for a kiwi adventure that would be cool too. also the kiwi dollar is cheaper than the aussie (last i checked)

what'd ya think?

westman said:
Will you come to Sydney?

I might go there to visit friends, but as much as I love sydney (and sydneysiders), been to sydney so many times i want try somewhere else. ;) :) Do you have any other place in oz you'd like to visit?

oh & lucky, what about you... hows you schedule holding up these days? Think you might be able to schedule a break from your croc wrestling? ;)

Don't know about the Croc wrestling, but i have a really busy calender for a while.
Saw the surgeon yesterday about my knee and says i have ruptured my ACL and messed up a medial ligament as well. Arthroscope soon and fingers crossed no reconstruction.
An overnight trip to Pago Pago (American Samoa) on the 17th of this month.
N.T. for 2 military exercises from late June till late late September (depending on the knee).

Apart from that i think i'm reasonably free :)

Oh and maybe 2 weeks at Nellis AFB (Nevada) in Oct. for another work trip....

Theres a place on the gold coast that has glow worms... You have to walk for about 20mins to get to it - its in a cave - but its pretty cool....

But when I went there were lots of tourists... Particularly japanese... Now I don't have anything against japanese - I just don't like people that talks LOTS when something is supposed to be a quiet, natural place - and japanese have a habit of doing that...

Stradbroke Island is also coolies.

Oh and Vonn ...I'm still keen on the mystery tour ! There's even spots in Vic I havent checked out so offer up suggestions matey :D
I'll have a 'thunk' on it too and see what I come up with... 8)

P.S As to WHEN ... the months ya suggested would be best ( on my end anyway ) ... tho I could negotiate with the boss for another time if need be ..

well, i'll have to check - my folks said they might visit during that time so then i would be able to do it. i should know this weekend so i'll keep ya posted :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back