Alley Cat

Ah! No, no, no, no!

Smaller like f/8, f/11!

I see our confusion. f/3.5 is bigger or wider, larger hole. The more you open up, the shallower your DoF.

The smaller the hole, the greater the DoF.

Also google hyper focal distance!

And yes your lens can only open up too f/5.6 when you are zoomed near maximum focal length, and f/3.5 when you are at the minimum focal length.

Oh I understand aperture. I took 3 years of photo in school. I must have read what you were saying wrong. You're right. My bad haha I think since I wasn't focused on the cat long I didn't even bother to change my settings since I got right back to taking pictures in a garage (hence the low aperture). And I'm one to take a bunch if pictures and not look at them until I put them on my computer so I didn't notice the blurriness until it was too late

Hmmm hyperfocal distance. I'll have to play around with that. I remember doing an assignment with that but it was years ago. It'll take a little bot of practice to get it back

Bitter Jeweler said:

Yes. I don't wanna seem like I don't know what I'm doing haha. Thanks for being a trooper throughout this post. You've been so helpful:)

more alley cats

IMG_9111.jpg

Most reactions

Back