Photos OK to edit
CherryTree.jpg

CherryTree2.jpg

CherryTree3.jpg

Last edited:
nice comp.
nice DOF.
nice sharpness.
selective color....eh. but thats strictly opinion.

nice shot overall! :thumbup:

Not too crazy about the selective color, or the angle. It makes it not discernible enough in my opinion., and there is quite a bit of nothing in the rest of the photo.

Yea, I was "eh" about the coloring also. But there is just so much color in the photo it all tends to run together. I would have liked to had a different angle but the wind is blowing pretty good today so only a few shots came out in focus. I'm going to go back on a more calm day.

Honestly, the selective coloring ruins it for me completely. I think if it was in full color it could be nice. You could always desaturate the background a smidge to bring out the color in the flower more.

Honestly, the selective coloring ruins it for me completely. I think if it was in full color it could be nice. You could always desaturate the background a smidge to bring out the color in the flower more.

+1

great suggestion.
the color will still pop, but not in the cheesey slecetive color way :D

I'll try that and post a comparison. I thought about cropping of a little on the left but I wanted to keep the picture as whole as possible for future cropping and printing purposes.

Comparison picture posted in first post.

Sorry guys, Here is another edit. I added more contrast to the background and healed out the shadow on the closest petal. Is this better than the selective color in the first?

CherryTree3.jpg

great edits!
well done :thumbup:

that last one is the winner for me.

Wow... that's so much better in full color. The background ones look intentionally 'subdued' still but it works well.

Eric
I completely understand about the wind blowing and making it difficult at best for shots. Your idea, and last edit has provided me with an idea the next time I shot when it is windy out.

I really like the dof and the coloring/shading of the last edit. It makes the eye move from the subject back into the shot and wonder where it is going.
Nice windy shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back