"...almost realistic pictures."

Interesting new twist in the AI debate. Stock Brokers are now promoting the use of AI investing. Some of which are claiming up to an 87% accuracy for up to 3 days in advance.
AI replacing us. Humans. Even when it comes to art and creativity. I'm not on board.

Interesting new twist in the AI debate. Stock Brokers are now promoting the use of AI investing. Some of which are claiming up to an 87% accuracy for up to 3 days in advance.
My dad was an old school meteorologist, and a very good one with a great record for predicting weather as the weather launch officer for the Apollo-Soyuz and Viking launches. A futures brokerage wanted to hire him to forecast weather for grain futures, and he said no, because he isn't a seer. No matter how good the models are, we will never be able to have 100% accuracy trying to predict the future, because it is literally unpredictable.

No matter how good the models are, we will never be able to have 100% accuracy trying to predict the future, because it is literally unpredictable.
That depends, I've been investing for close to 50 yrs, markets move in a somewhat predictable manner in the short term. IE: an airliner crashes, the company stock will take a hit, or XYZ pharmaceuticals announces a successful 1st round testing, the stock price goes up. It doesn't take a room full of computers to make predictions over a period of 3 days, maybe even a week. Long term predictions are much harder to predict.

That depends, I've been investing for close to 50 yrs, markets move in a somewhat predictable manner in the short term. IE: an airliner crashes, the company stock will take a hit, or XYZ pharmaceuticals announces a successful 1st round testing, the stock price goes up. It doesn't take a room full of computers to make predictions over a period of 3 days, maybe even a week. Long term predictions are much harder to predict.
They were asking him to predict next year's corn harvest... lol

Most reactions

Back