Aloha from Hawaii. New member here :)

jordanzs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My name is Jordan Stallard. I'm 40 years old, been living in Hawaii for the past 10 years, and San Diego and San Jose previous to that.

Back in high school I was an avid Pentax K1000 user, we would shoot skateboarding photos of ourselves, and then in the early 90s, I switched to video for a long time. Started coming back to photography in 2000 when I got my 1st digital camera, and really got back into it in 2008 when I got my 40D. My roommate ran a camera store in Hawaii, and him and a bunch if other friends were well established bodyboard photographers (and I'm a bodyboarder) so I got sucked right into it.

i shoot with a recently purchased 5DMark3, a GoPro hero3 black edition, and an iphone5.

My favorite things to shoot are empty waves (from the water using the GoPro), surf, bodyboarding, sunsets, travel, Hawaii scenery, and our 10 month old daughter.

My most active gallery can be seen here.

Instagram

you can add me if you're on Instagram, or they just launched a web based client, so now you can see the pics from any computer.

I'm a rookie when it comes to technical stuff like lighting, gear, portraits, etc, so I'll be asking lots of questions I'm sure. And I'll be happy to provide lots of advice and share my knowledge of surf photography and GoPro cameras, I've gone through quite a bit of trial and errors.

Welcome to the forum. I'm hoping to make it back to Hawaii some day. What an amazing place!!

love your state, was there for a week last may. like Kawaii the best,. real laid back. Welcome to the board.. have fun.

Hawaii!! <sigh>
Welcome to the party!

Welcome to the site.

Hawaii!?

Where are the pictures! Post post!

Hello and welcome to the forum Jordan!

Aloha from east of you!
GREAT wave shots on instagram --not at all like the little bay on Molokai that was so quiet and smooth I decided to try out savasana in the Pacific. (Worked quite nicely, BTW.)
Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Back