Alone

Chris M

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
D90 w/50mm 1.8

JasonMazezilla.jpg

He's walking away, right? This shot doesn't do anything for me. No detail and the silhouette effect isn't working.

i like it, pretty interesting! too bad so much detail is lost because of contrast though. i do like the shot!

Thanks for the advice. I retouched a few things based on your suggestions. I think it turned out a little better but Im honestly not sure.

jasonmazezilla2.jpg

I think if it was just the kid and his entire shadow that to me would be more interesting then what you have here. crop this exact photo in half and have his shadow, that would have been cool, i think. need to bring up the exposure a touch also, its difficult to tell if the boy/girl is coming or going.

I think if it was just the kid and his entire shadow that to me would be more interesting then what you have here. crop this exact photo in half and have his shadow, that would have been cool, i think. need to bring up the exposure a touch also, its difficult to tell if the boy/girl is coming or going.

I didnt realize that the exposure was that off. It's strange because I can clearly see detail on the back of his head/body.

What bothers me most with this shot is the white lining of the jacket hood. It looks like a shirt beneath a partially open jacket and I had to keep looking at this to realize the boy wasn't walking toward the camera, but its hard to determine that at first. If you could get rid of that white, I really think the shot would work better.

What bothers me most with this shot is the white lining of the jacket hood. It looks like a shirt beneath a partially open jacket and I had to keep looking at this to realize the boy wasn't walking toward the camera, but its hard to determine that at first. If you could get rid of that white, I really think the shot would work better.

I will try that. Also, is the photo really that dark? Like I said, I can easily see which way he is walking and I can also see details throughout his entire body. Im beginning to wonder if maybe its my monitor.

Thanks to everyone for all the input so far. Is there anything else besides the darkness that is bad with the picture?

One thing, rule of thirds; get rid of the sky.

will do thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back