AM I BEING SCAMMED HERE?

UPDATE:

Since you guys revived this thread i figured i would fill you in. The buyer has received his item and has left positive feedback so i will give my own positve feedback for the Italian buyers out there. However since this sale i hav andd will only sell to the US/Canada for the sake of greif.

So i just closed my paypal account (meant to do it weeks ago!) and it was like trying to cancel a credit card... they try to give you a million reasons to stay... Nope, sorry, hate paypal.. DONE! :)
Smart girl. I closed both my Eghey and Paypal accounts several years ago. For the first few years like anything else it was a good thing then as they grew the got greedy and, there was no customer service anymore. I dont even look at the place anymore either. I find their business practices to to disreputable at best.
They don't give a **** about the seller. All the buyer has to do is say that the package never arrived, or was damaged. PayPal will automatically refund their money, taking it out of your account. If there are not sufficient funds in you account, they will SEIZE YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT and take the money from that.

This is misleading. Just to clarify, no one can seize your bank account unless a judgment has been issued against you by a court of law. They also cannot withdraw money from your personal bank account once the transfer has cleared. The only exceptions are if you authorized them to deduct paypal fees or payments directly from your account. They cannot withdraw money from your personal account solely for refunds. They CAN withdraw money from and seize your paypal account, so make sure your funds are transferred to your personal bank account before you ship.
Actually at one time they did subtract from your account. The practice was stopped when they got in trouble for it.
Another way to get around the whole thing is to specify that the item will not be shipped until the funds have cleared Paypal and, are in you account. I would put that on your page. That should flush out most of the scammers. To me the best thing is to no deal with selling on the site at all. Just my opion.

Most reactions

Back