What's new

Am I doing a little better-C&C Welcome and appreciated

Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
8,796
Reaction score
4,892
Location
Connecticut
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think my picture's and technique is improving a little bit but you be the judges.Thank you kindly.
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_1007.webp
    $DSC_1007.webp
    338.3 KB · Views: 100
  • $DSC_1017.webp
    $DSC_1017.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 113
  • $DSC_1018.webp
    $DSC_1018.webp
    501.7 KB · Views: 111
  • $DSC_1022.webp
    $DSC_1022.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 114
  • $DSC_1014.webp
    $DSC_1014.webp
    563.6 KB · Views: 111
  • $DSC_0996.webp
    $DSC_0996.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 125
  • $DSC_1002.webp
    $DSC_1002.webp
    312.6 KB · Views: 106
  • $DSC_1003.webp
    $DSC_1003.webp
    174.1 KB · Views: 119
Sorry, overall I give this set a 4 out of 10.

1- His head is blown out, way too bright.

2- Piling on his back, looks underexposed

3- The bird looks weird, like you went overboard on the sharpening, or its cropped too much. IQ suffers.

4,5- Not bad, shadows on the face though.

6- ok action shot

7- The CA on the branches is really bad. Plus pitch black dark eye area on the bird

8- Eh

These are just my opinions, lets see what some others say.
 
Agree with most of above. One thing I notice is based on the pixel dimensions, you are doing a lot of cropping in post. With #3, it was necessary. On the rest, you cropped a lot tighter than you needed to. #1 you almost took the head off. 4 and 5 would have been stronger with the whole reflection. Also watch your horizons. Also, #2 has strange color cast - shot through car window?

Keep it up, birds are tough
 
First off I have to say sorry I didn't number them,my bad.Secondly thanks for your honesty.I think my editing is actually doing more harm then good but some of the tight cropping was to cut out some distractions like other birds looking retarded or some ugly rock in the back.I will keep practicing at it and maybe layoff editing a little next time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom