am i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they actually "know". Means if you take away the electronics and go by what is actually in long term memory means they don't "know" a hell of a lot. And basic
If I go find a dozen articles that "prove" the world is flat, will that convince you that it is?

Stop being lazy yourself and look around you at the real world that's filling up in every profession with tablet use, then tell me again why students shouldn't be learning to use them in school.
balance. "Knowing" something is different. For instance, when my child was learning sq ft area and volume. I didnt just let them do the "teacher assignment" i handed them a tape measure and had them measure the household appliances. then i asked if i could move this to here, this to here, etc. The transition of b.s. knowledge into applied knowledge. That goes into long term memory. Looking something up on a ipad or on this laptop i am on right now doesn't really amount to squat. Neither will most of these tutorials they hand out on these ipads in schools. jmo. I think balance is necessary. As they become tech smart and actual functioning iq (you know, actual real knowledge) stupid.
I see. And when did you become an expert on modern education techniques and the skills needed for the future of current generations of humans? What fields of study and degrees did you achieve in that pursuit? How did you determine that your child would not have acquired the skill to measure an appliance at some point without your guidance?

Show how tablet use has led to the current state of education in the United States as compared to other countries. Again, yes, I'm asking you to show ACTUAL correlation and causation for your continued assertions.

Now then, if I go find a dozen articles that "prove" the world is flat, will that convince you that it is?

Stop being lazy yourself and look around you at the real world that's filling up in every profession with tablet use, then tell me again why students shouldn't be learning to use them in school.
take away the tablet. what do they know now????? Dependency....
Prove that claim.

By the way, I just wonder if your spelling, grammar and punctuation would have been any better if you'd learned with a tablet that had grammar, spell check, and punctuation checking functions, rather than a human and a dictionary that didn't tell you every time you flubbed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back