Amazing Race

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok seriously the only black family has the last name Black.

Every time they were on screen the title at the bottom reads..

THE BLACK FAMILY
Mom, Dad and Kids

I thought some idiot was gonna get fired the first time they came on, then I realized that it was their name and couldn't help but think how annoying that must be for them.

I used to work at a company called White Brothers. They were two twin brothers, they are white and that is there last name. They finally added Racing to the end, to make it White Brothers Racing. I would wear my company sweatshirt in public and get the worst looks from black people. I finally stopped wearing it, unless I went to the races where everybody new the company. It was truely un-nerving to get the " your raciast" look, when I'm not.

Traci said:
I used to work at a company called White Brothers. They were two twin brothers, they are white and that is there last name. They finally added Racing to the end, to make it White Brothers Racing. I would wear my company sweatshirt in public and get the worst looks from black people. I finally stopped wearing it, unless I went to the races where everybody new the company. It was truely un-nerving to get the " your raciast" look, when I'm not.

Verrrrrry expensive shock-absorbers for Mountain Bikes! :mrgreen:

:lmao:

When they announced them as "The Black Family" I immediately started referring to them as the Token Black family.

Traci u used to work for white brothers? Oh what I would have given for a few spare parts for my mountain bike :D Did you get staff discount? :D

Scurra said:
Traci u used to work for white brothers? Oh what I would have given for a few spare parts for my mountain bike :D Did you get staff discount? :D

Yes, I used to work for White Brothers. They (WB) sold the mountain bike division to another mountain bike company about 5 years ago. That company has the "name" now and I have no idea if they continued with the line or not.
I was in the marketing/catalog department, focused on the offroad and watercraft part of the company. I was really interested in those two areas of the industry, and I wasn't really interested in the mountain bike stuff...sorry.
So, I guess that would be "yes" on getting a discount, but I didn't own a mountain bike. They kept a close eye on stuff, so they wouldn't let us buy parts for something we didn't own.

Xmetal said:
Verrrrrry expensive shock-absorbers for Mountain Bikes! :mrgreen:

You wouldn't believe the mark up they had on those!

I REALLY wanted the Black family to do better in the race. They were just a great family and so nice to each other! Most of the other families were yelling and fussing at each other and these folks were just so great to each other. It was great to see them together and I wish the best for them always.

Most reactions

Back