Amazon remote shutter release button.

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
your questions will be answered within the first 3-5 minutes of using it.

I guess what I am looking for is how do I get the remote shutter release button setup? Do I have to sync it to the camera? I don't see any mention of it in the camera menus.....

your questions will be answered within the first 3-5 minutes of using it.

You push, it auto focuses and then fires. You should be able to hit the "i" button, scroll to Release Mode, and select "Delayed Remote" "Remote 2's".

I guess what I am looking for is how do I get the remote shutter release button setup? Do I have to sync it to the camera? I don't see any mention of it in the camera menus.....

Yes, you have to go into the menu under "release mode" and select for the IR remote. You can select immediate or if you're going to be in the photo, a 2 second delay so you can palm the remote. If you do nothing to the camera, is will stay in the same mode, but if you press the shutter button to focus, or change any other settings, the remote release is disabled and you have to set it again. On my camera the IR sensor is only in the front, so the IR remote will not work unless it is in front of the camera pointing at the camera.

I am curious as to how this works with my Nikon bodies (D3100, D7000, D800). Where is the remote shutter setup on the menus? Will I be able to autofocus remotely or will I have to autofocus before using the remote shutter?

Thanks

It will only work on 1 out of three of your bodies.

Just turn your camera on, put it on remote mode and fire the button by pointing directly at it
w.png

Most reactions

Back