What's new

Ambiance before the storm

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
84
IMG_0014.jpg
 
yup, i was going to ask about that.. the colours, do you use a couple of gelled flash or is it PP work? if you don't want to give away your secrets.. it's cool :)
 
Thanks for the comps.

On the lighting, actually its natural
I look long and hard for these spots that have competing colors occuring.
I dont add to it, I find thats been done to death and better then I could do by others
I concentrate on the exposure time and the location instead.

sodium vapor and white fluorescent come out yellow and blue @ night.
Sometimes fluorescent comes green, but here in was inside a whiteish blue shade.

Take a look at my color temp here. If anything was not natural then at 2700 the yellow would be brown and the blue would be black. Just so you know theres stuff like this out there in the "wild" LoL

Besides that, I did some dodging and burning to bring out what my little sensor is missing.. LOL


untitled.JPG
 
Nah cool.. was just wondering how it was done is all. Good eye though and dedication no doubt looking for these spots. Definitely a good signature style to your photos which is what you want, probably some of the best night shots i've seen have come from yourself.
 
You have the gift of making the most uninteresting subjects very interesting. Bonus points for achieving unique results while keeping things natural.
 
You have the gift of making the most uninteresting subjects very interesting. Bonus points for achieving unique results while keeping things natural.

I second that. Nice :thumbup:
 
Great capture. Thanks for sharing your technique too!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom