What's new

An Experiment

The_Pearl_Poet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
303
Reaction score
72
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and critiques are appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • $Surreal Bamboo Forest Web Version.webp
    $Surreal Bamboo Forest Web Version.webp
    255.8 KB · Views: 136
May be it is because it is late and I am tired, but I can't focus, it feels electric to me
Sorry, cannot say I like it!
 
I agree. It doesn't work for me either. My nerves are on edge a bit looking at it.
 
To me it just looks like you accidently left the shutter speed too low, painful to look at. sorry.
 
Ah, an experimennt that doesn't quite work - that's OK, we learn from this. Incorporating camera motion into the image can be a powerful simplifying tool in that it can reinforce certain lines, and diminish others. In this case, the predominant lines are the vertical ones of the trees, the the shadow lines on the ground being secondary. If you moved the camera in a vertical direction, you would have emphasised the tree lines, and obscured everything that was not vertical. By going against the predominant visual grain, you create a conflict, which is why the feedback is somewhat negative.
 
You know in movies when someone gets knocked out, then stands up and the POV is shaky and blurry? That's what this reminds me of. It evokes a lot of discomfort and maybe a little nausea.

Whether that's what you were going for or not will determine if this was a successful experiment.

I've found that less is more with this kind of technique. Maybe pick just a few trees to focus on.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom