An image of mine is being used without permission

weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yes, you'll catch more flies with sugar than vinegar!

Certainly no harm in asking them for a fee if you wish, takedown if not. But polite and professional is the way to go.

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I seldom post here, but in my defense I read and view lot!:happyblush: The only way to keep your photos safe from being stolen is to not post them on the Internet. I post my photos on my own website and also on Facebook. I do this with the knowledge that anyone may download them at any time, even though they are watermarked. A friend of mine gave me a calendar last year, using my photos for each month. Even though these photos were "save for web" at low quality, the photos on the calendar looked professional.

Reactions: ntz

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
actually I would feel flattered if somebody did so .. maximum what I would do is to send them request to put there a credit .. I personally hate watermarks and signatures on photos .. who are we that we care so much for such a unimportant things ? I post a lot of my photos in best quality to for example unsplash .. If I have photo that I don't want to give anyone, I don't give it away .. I sell some prints and I am just flattered if somebody wants them ..

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I find it flattering when people steal from me too!

Reactions: ntz

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginationimagesofiowa.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those of you who don't care if your images are used with your permission or not... keep in mind there are people who DO care. For some, it's how they put a roof over their heads, feed and cloth their children, pay their bills etc etc.....

OP
D

davholla

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
For those of you who don't care if your images are used with your permission or not... keep in mind there are people who DO care. For some, it's how they put a roof over their heads, feed and cloth their children, pay their bills etc etc.....
Very true.

Meehow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ufniak.co.uk
Photos NOT OK to edit

Most reactions

New Topics