An odd statue C&C welcome/appreciated

zombiemann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I mentioned elsewhere the city I live in is doing some revitalizing it's downtown. Part of this includes putting in a new "park" I guess you could call it. In the center is a weird monolithic piece of stone with sculpture added on. It's hard to explain and I didn't get any good shots of the thing as a whole. Anywho, as most places in the midwest Decatur has strong ties to Abraham Lincoln (who may or may not have been this country's Van Helsing lol) and the Civil War. The sculptures all revolve around Lincoln and the War.

$statue1.jpg

I like the way it leads thru the image. It's rather dark.

I like the way it leads thru the image. It's rather dark.

Thanks for the input

I played around with the toning a little bit and decided to leave it pretty much as shot. Unfortunately it was starting to cloud up like it might rain when I took the shot. I'll go back on afternoon when it's sunny and bright out to try another exposure. There are a few shots in the area I could see with my minds eye, but due to overcast etc wasn't able to get properly. To tell the truth though, I'm not sure if being "brighter" would help it, when looked at in context. Sure the shot is a little dark, but then again it represents a pretty dark time in history... Or I could just be making (poor) excuses for poor execution :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back