~ Andean Condor (Vultur gryphus) ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC00488_Fotor.jpeg

~ Andean Condor (Vultur gryphus) ~ This magnificent bird boasts a wing span of up to 10.5 feet in width (equivalent to the length of the average compact automobile), and a body weight of 30 pounds and four feet long. A carrion eater, their status is endangered.

Mike ☘️

That's some bulk of a bird and what a blood eye.

Great shot, nice detail and man, that red eye! I'm glad you have a friend in the zoo business, these are some great shots so far of the leopard and the condor.
On a side note, it would be a shame to lose such a magnificent bird.

I was fortunate to see two of these in the wild in the mountains that surround Quito. A pair soared overhead and at the time I was not ready to get the shot. An hour later they came back and glided 10 ft above ground along the ridge we were on. This time I was able to get a couple of photos of one of them in flight. Not a great shot but quite memorable.

I was fortunate to see two of these in the wild in the mountains that surround Quito. A pair soared overhead and at the time I was not ready to get the shot. An hour later they came back and glided 10 ft above ground along the ridge we were on. This time I was able to get a couple of photos of one of them in flight. Not a great shot but quite memorable.

I didn't see them, what are they under?

I didn't see them, what are they under?

If you're asking were I saw them, it was on this trail at about this point, around 14000 feet (4300 meters).

Dropped pin
Near Metropolitan District of Quito, Ecuador
Google Maps

Sorry, I meant I clicked on your link to see the pics of the condors, thinking they were there but I didn't see them.

Sorry, I meant I clicked on your link to see the pics of the condors, thinking they were there but I didn't see them.

Ahhh, sorry. It is nothing as spectacular as this image posted by the thread starter. My shot is poor quality but good to capture the experience. I'll see if I can find it though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back