tzuoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bird_1.jpg

Bird_2.jpg

Bird_3.jpg

First comment, when posting images for C & C, please number them - it makes it easier for a reviewer to comment on them.

#1. A lot of this one is out of focus, too dark and you have cropped off the left leg.
#2. Best of the lot - although it is still a little dark - not sure if this is from your exposure or post-processing...I would try and lighten it up a bit.
#3. Not exactly the best "pose" so to speak. Again, part of the "back end" seems to be out of focus and the "branch" running across its face detracts from the image.

For me, the secret to photographing birds is a clear, unobstructed view of the entire bird. I try to make sure that the entire bird is in focus and that the eye is nice and sharp and hopefully I can get a "catchlight" in the eye as well. Having said that, I am not always successful - sometime they look away at the last minute and sometimes they take off just as I click the shutter (that can be a good thing sometimes). For these reasons, and others, I will often sit and watch a bird for half an hour or so, provided they don't fly away and I will sometimes use AI Servo and burst mode for shooting. You might want to Google "bird photography tips" and see what you get and remember that the rule of thirds also applies to birds. Keep shooting and good luck.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

3 would have been a good one if it was facing the camera, nice bokeh.
2 is a but dark
1 is dark and seems oof at least some part of the bird

Hi WesternGuy; Ron Evers; hydkaran420;
Thank you for your valuable comments. I will take note of your points & hope to improve :)

This is indeed a great forum ....

Regards;

Most reactions

New Topics

Back