Another dreary winter's day

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just another dreary winter day here on Long Island. No snow, temps in the low forties, and a cloud cover thrown in just for fun by old man winter. Decided what the heck, and headed out to a state park to see what I could find.

This picture is a HDR image of the setting sun breaking out through the clouds for a few min. Still, the scene says a dreary winter's day.

DSC_0087_8_9_tonemapped by jaw101, on Flickr

As I was walking down one of the bridle paths, I came up on some very early water plants actually starting to grow as though spring was finally here.

DSC_0052 by jaw101, on Flickr

I wish I could send you some snow! we have PLENTY! Fun to shoot in! :)

this is the strangest winter I can recall. Snowed once so far for maybe 2 inches. Usually by now we have had a few feet of the white stuff.

Last edited:
this is the strangest winter I can recall. Snowed once for far for maybe 2 inches. Usually by now we have had a few feet of the white stuff.

Yea.. know what you mean! We have had a really warm winter... with occasional dumps of snow. Not like usual at all. I don't think it has been down to -20 even once this year. Strange! We did get about 15-20" this last dump! Had fun out hiking in it this afternoon... Love shooting pictures in the snow, it changes everything! :0

Most reactions

Back