Another kid shot

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I'm liking taking pictures of kids more and more. They're more fun to work with and have tons of energy. This little guy is the one my wife nannies for. Any advice on the picture for the future? Also, any recommendations on how to get into this type of market? I live on a pretty big park and was thinking I would just walk out there on a nice day with my camera and business cards asking the parents if I could snap a few pics, post them on my site, and then point the parent to that site. I'm fearing I'll look like a creepo though. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Before edit:
4298314310_a8f54e8581_b.jpg

After quick edit:
4298329662_92de81e812_b.jpg

Wow, i really like this shot! So natural, yet captivating. Personally i prefer the non-edited version. The darkness of the first photograph sets a dark sort of mood (which matches considering the look on the childs face), while the brightness of the second photo doesn't match the subject matter (in my opinion)

Editing jobs aside - Love the photograph!! Well done.

As a parent of 8 I would be botherd by someone at the park taking pictures unless you have your own kids at the park with you. I would take some great photos of children you already know. Word of mouth is gonna get you started for sure. Do a few free sitting fees. Another member of TPF said she was blowing up with calls from Craigslist. It would be a great way to build your portfolio.

Non-edited one it is! Thanks for the input. I keep thinking all my outside pictures are too blue in color and I want to warm them all up. This is something I'm working on. And thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll try the Craigslist thing but it seems every photographer on the state is trying to give away their work. We'll see what happens though.

Anyone else with critiques, comments, or advice?

I also like the non edtied one.

I agree with mom2eight...you might look like a creeper if you just lurk at the park :) I strongly advise against it.

The photo is great though! That kid's pretty dern cute :)

I guess stalking the kiddies in the park is out of the question :lmao: I'll stick with the word-of-mouth and Craigslist thing for now. Thanks guys

Is there anything wrong with the edited version that I should look at next time? Or is it that the pose goes with the darker picture?

Is there anything wrong with the edited version that I should look at next time? Or is it that the pose goes with the darker picture?

I actually like type of edit you're going for, but i do think it would suit a 'brighter' subject matter eg. if the child was smiling/laughing :)

I actually like type of edit you're going for, but i do think it would suit a 'brighter' subject matter eg. if the child was smiling/laughing :)

Good point. Thanks.

I see a very strong yellow-green bias in the color on the retouched photo. The color is not quite right in that shot, even after the edit. The edit made the color less-accurate, put punched the shot up a bit. The concrete behind the child in gray in the original shot, which is the color of weathered concrete, but in the edited photo, the concrete has a strong color cast.

Most reactions

Back