Another of the moon C&C

v3nom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I see a few people have posted moon shots so heres mine that i took when i first got my camera. I havn't done any post processing as you can tell by the orangy/yellow outline. C&C welcome.

1/290 F/5.0 ISO160 480mm

5355890035_50886762e6_b.jpg

REALLY NICE SHOT!! Care to post one tonight or tomorrow of a full moon? That should look great with that size lens.

I plan on capturing a picture of the full moon tonight.

One note regarding the full moon - the light is very flat (no shadows), since the sun is effectively directly behind us. If you want dramatic craters, you need to shoot the moon when it's not full, and then the greatest shadow detail will be at the terminator (the line separating dark from light). A number of years ago, National Geographic printed a photo of the moon that really popped, but they did it by stitching together a lot of photos with the terminator advancing across the moon surface, and picking up mostly the detail close to the terminator. I'm thinking that the full moon is best photographed rising or setting, where you can contrast the dramatic appearance against something on the ground. A very good tool to allow you to get the best location is found here: The Photographer's Ephemeris | Plan your shoot, a free download that runs on top of Adobe AIR, and allows you to visualize where the sun or moon will rise and set. By moving the focus point to different points on the map, you can get a clear idea of the best place to be to shoot a specific rising/setting scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back