What's new

Another one not so good

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
kbiwy.jpg
 
Thank you lucky
 
Nice seascape - one comment I have is that the horizon is right in the centre and appears to be slightly tilted to the right. Also, is it possible to get more detail in the sky - it certainly looks like there might be more to come out - just asking.

WesternGuy
 
Nice seascape - one comment I have is that the horizon is right in the centre and appears to be slightly tilted to the right. Also, is it possible to get more detail in the sky - it certainly looks like there might be more to come out - just asking.

WesternGuy

Totally agree. That's not a beloved shot as I mention in title. I myself already had noticed those aspects.
I lost some sky in edition.

Thank you
 
This one still makes me look forward to being in your country in a month from now! :D
Though anything that has been mentioned is true about this one (technically and compositionally speaking).
 
You split the sky/water & land 50/50. I played around with your composition, and it works so much better with 2/3 sky. Also if you can do some editing of the sky, it would be that much stronger of a composition.
 
My personal feeling is that a landscape need not necessarily have a point of interest...or it is composed of several points of interests.....

I like this image for its simplicity.... if you had waited for some more time, you would have received more golden light???? not sure

regards :D
 
Nice, simple composition. I just wish there were more detail and lively colours in the sky. A simple curves adjustment would make the sky so much better, I would think (I like a more dramatic sky. More contrast --> more colours) :thumbsup:

edit: a curves adjustment would also bring out the reflection in the water :)
 
Thank you all.

Playing a bit with Gimp and Darktable we can get something towards idyllic

fyu4k.jpg
 
Or the one I prefer

1el2k.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like the colours of the last one much better - there is more of a "feeling" of sunset and the oncoming night time in this one - now if you could straighten the horizon and get it out of the centre - another time or next time :thumbup: .

WesternGuy
 
Thank you WG.
Horizon seams ok to me.
Decentering the horizon in this composition is not easy. Maybe with another perspective.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom