What's new

Another run with The Tall Tripod

480sparky45 44

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Set out first thing this morning to take advantage of a sunny, calm morning. Here's the setup, just west of our Capitol building, looking west towards the downtown area:

SetupPost.jpg




Once I ran the camera up to about 30', I ended up with this:

DowntownRun1Post.jpg
 
Wow, that's an awesome shot! And, one heck of a tripod!
 
I went back later that afternoon and got this one:

CapitolAerialEditPost.jpg
 
That thing is a beast, sweet shots.

the non-vertical verticals in the second one are getting me a bit, awesome perspectives though.
 
did you shoot these blindly or did you have a way to see a viewfinder or computer screen view?
 
did you shoot these blindly or did you have a way to see a viewfinder or computer screen view?


Camera is tethered, you can see the laptop. Tether software takes the shot, I can also adjust anything on the camera except for zoom setting and shooting mode (P,A,S,M, etc). If I wanted to, I could, run my D7000 up and use LiveView, but I kept my D60 just for this purpose.



.............the non-vertical verticals in the second one are getting me a bit,.............


What is a 'non-vertical vertical'?
 
I think he means that the trees and the building appear to be at an angle, and not completely vertical - like spines coming out of a sphere. I noticed that too, liked the effect.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom