What's new

Another trip in the way back machine ...

LWW1

TPF Supporters
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
67
Location
Dayton,Ohio
One of my favorite subkjects is historical recreations.

Although one can never truly relive history, at recreations I have found a number of people who have became so wrapped up in their characters that they bring a pseudo reality that TV, movies, and print media can never duplicate.

During the last few weekends I was privileged to witness a couple of cannon demonstration recreations. I wish I could post audio of the talks I had with some of the amazing people I spoke with.

All photos were shot with a Nikon D50 and Nikkor 24MM-120MM f3.5-f4.5 AF-D lens with aperture priority AE.

I hope they are enjoyed.

LWW
 
SmlRWCannon001.jpg


SmlRWCannonCrew001.jpg


The above were taken at George rogers Clark State Park at a recreation of the Battle of Pecuwe where the British tried to retake cannons stolen by Clark and used to defend the Miami valley of Ohio.

The gentleman on the far left is the retired head of the history dept at nearby Wittenburg University. Next to him is an amazing font of revolutionary war data.

LWW
 
love the color shots and the abe lincoln and the guy with the big beard... some of your black and white "retro" shots could use some help, particularly the one where i can see some colored granieness... i figure some vignette and a lil more work and they could be better

over all good shoot! :thumbup:
 
People with way to much time on there hands lol..........These recreations crack me up...:thumbdown:

Nice shots though!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom